Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More Construction photos

As I said earlier, I'm not using this site to document construction of the airplane any more but for family and friends who wonder if I'm still working, here is a summer's worth of work.

START AT THE BOTTOM AND SCROLL UP TO SEE IN THE ORDER THE WORK WAS DONE!




Rib in forming block
Not a fishing trip haul; lots of work producing these!
Ribs on the spar finally
Rivet lay-out, drill, deburr, dimple!
Rudder stops up close
Only a person searching for wing spars 
can appreciate this label on my "NOS" spars.
Stabilator on the way to being built
This line of crooked rivets is on a
warbird in Jim Cavanaugh's museum in 
Addison, TX at KADS!
A person building an airplane is keenly aware 
of it's flaws; at least my rivets are a little 
straighter than those above which 
were done by a "real" airplane builder!

No comments:

Post a Comment